Senior Research Associate
Want to be part of a company whose goal is to provide outstanding pharmaceutical discovery and development services by creating and using cutting edge science and developing new methods and molecules? Do you want to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry in a rapidly growing company on a trajectory to have a major impact in the life science research arena? We are seeking a talented and passionate scientist who is eager to be part of our success, and who embraces our core values: Integrity, Excellence, and Teamwork. This role requires a highly driven and proactive scientist with a passion for drug development, the curiosity and flexibility to work on diverse projects, and the tenacity to tackle complex questions by developing/applying new methods to solve previously intractable problems in drug development in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented and collaborative environment.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Research Associate to support the rapid growth of our organization through the performance of analytical and formulation research in support of client pharmaceutical development projects. The successful candidate will have the ability to successfully execute laboratory procedures, carry out scientific studies, and must have the ability to make detailed observations, analyze data, report results, and learn to identify and solve technical problems all related to the development of pharmaceutical products.
- Characterization of small molecule candidates relevant to drug development and subsequently communicate the interpretation and implication of results at team meetings
- Develop and qualify analytical methods (e.g., HPLC)
- Degradant profiling, and release and stability testing of API and drug products.
- Characterize physiochemical properties
- Develop and characterize early-stage formulations
- Document studies in lab notebooks and summarize and interpret data
- Troubleshoot instrument and method problems
- Operation of a variety of analytical instruments including HPLC, UV, Dissolution Apparatus, CD, CE, DSC, DLS, TGA, XRPD, LC-MS, etc.
- Setup and execution of experiments for the evaluation of solubility, stability, degradation, formulation optimization etc.
- Analysis and interpretation of complex scientific data
- Preparation of technical reports, summaries, and protocols
- Identify and propose solutions for technical problems
- Carry out other scientific and laboratory duties as required
Required background and experience includes:
- BS/MS in chemistry (preferred) or other relevant scientific discipline
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry required
- Good theoretical knowledge of analytical chemistry
- Hands-on practical experience on chromatography (HPLC, LC/MS, data handling, and other analytical techniques (materials science)
- Experience in the use of state-of-the art technology, including HPLC, ultra-high pressure LC, LC/MS, XRD, KF, DSC/TGA,UV, dissolution as well as myriad automation instruments
- Knowledge of current FDA regulations/guidance and strong background in organic chemistry, pharmaceutics
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and problem-solving abilities
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Interested candidates are requested to email a copy of their resume with a cover letter to Jill.Wilson@wolfelabs.com.
What we offer:
Wolfe Labs’ employees are innovators with a winning attitude. We offer a fun, multi-cultural environment and value teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric focus. We provide generous health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation, the potential to participate in our employee stock option plan, and a wide range of work/life benefits. Candidates who are keen experimentalists, independent thinkers and enthusiastic team players that have a passion for drug development are encouraged to apply.
For more information visit us at: www.wolfelabs.com
Wolfe Laboratories, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.