Postdoctoral Scientist -
Pharmaceutical Development (Small Molecule)
We require an experienced physical organic chemist with broad knowledge of and significant hands on experience with small molecule analytical technology including chromatographic and physical characterization methods. This individual will plan and execute experiments in physicochemical analysis and structural characterization.
The Wolfe Laboratories Postdoctoral Scientist program was created to train recent graduates to acquire specific skills necessary to succeed in the pharmaceutical development environment. Progress towards attaining these skills will be reviewed semi-annually, at which time incumbents will be assessed for their suitability for advancement within the company. The program can take up to two years, however, promotion can occur as quickly as 6 months if goals are attained.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate physicochemical properties of small molecules relevant to drug development and subsequently communicate the interpretation and implication of results to clients.
- Develop analytical methods and characterize product variants
- Execute and oversee specialized analytical testing and generation of technical documents
- Maintain a strong awareness of current scientific literature, particularly in the area of drug substance characterization, and actively apply new concepts as appropriate.
- Design experiments to develop pre-clinical and clinical formulations of drug candidates to support drug discovery and development.
- Design experiments to determine the stability in prototype clinical formulations, to detect and identify the decomposition products, and to achieve formulations with acceptable shelf-life.
- Perform laboratory experiments related to the above.
- Create presentations for outside scientific meetings and conferences to showcase Wolfe Laboratories’ scientific leadership in the field of small molecule analysis and characterization.
- Interface with clients to develop an in-depth understanding of client objectives and define solutions to meet their program requirements
- Develop compelling approaches and solutions to address client needs
- Write persuasive proposals for the projects
- Regularly interact with clients to keep them abreast of project progress
- Write and review interim and final reports.
REQUIRED BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ph.D. in Physical Organic Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Process Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or closely related discipline
- In depth expertise in physical organic chemistry and the structural characterization of small molecules as they relate to the pre-formulation and formulation development of new drugs
- Expertise in the field of physicochemical analysis and structural characterization
- Hands-on experience with method development as well as analytical methods used for physicochemical characterization of pharmaceutical products such as spectroscopy and HPLC analysis.
- A demonstrated drive to apply technical knowledge to developing drug formulations
- Established track record of significant contributions as an individual technical expert as well as a leader of small teams
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills as well as polished and persuasive client presentation skills
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE BACKGROUND:
- Capability with DSC, TGA, and/or lyophilization
- Experience in creating and delivering trainings
WHERE THIS JOB COULD LEAD:
At Wolfe Laboratories Inc., we pride ourselves on retaining and growing our team members, and ensuring they are developing to their full potential. This position can provide many different avenues for advancement, including:
- Training towards becoming a Project Manager
- Leader of an innovative business line
- Become a Lead Technical Researcher
- Managing a team of Postdoctoral employees
Interested candidates are requested to email a copy of their resume with a cover letter and unofficial transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wolfe Laboratories, Inc. (WLI), founded in 1999, and located in Woburn, MA, is a premier contract research organization that provides integrated early drug development solutions to the biopharmaceutical industry. Wolfe Laboratories is an essential element of the drug development ecosystem, recognized by global and virtual biopharmaceutical companies as a science-driven organization whose mission is to provide outstanding discovery and development services tailored to its clients’ needs for rational formulation development. Wolfe Laboratories integrates the critical path components of early development to ensure that programs advance while meeting rigorous scientific demands with flexibility to address dynamic challenges and aggressive timelines. Wolfe Laboratories’ vision is to improve human health, and we continue to strive towards that goal by embracing our core values of integrity, excellence and teamwork. The company has a high percentage of repeat clients, which is a testament to its long-term commitment of continual investment in its capabilities to meet biopharma’s growing demand for high quality, integrated early development services.
For more information visit us at: www.wolfelabs.com
Wolfe Laboratories, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.