Postdoctoral Scientist -
Pharmaceutical Development (Protein)
We require a highly motivated Postdoctoral Scientist to work on protein stability & aggregation as it relates to therapeutic protein development. The current postdoctoral project is designed to understand the fundamental mechanism/s of protein instability, sub-visible particulate formation and aggregation using variety of chromatographic, biophysical and biochemical tools.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate physical and biophysical properties of peptides, proteins, and bioconjugates relevant to drug development and subsequently communicate the interpretation and implication of results to clients.
- Develop analytical and high throughput biophysical methods to characterize product variants
- Execute and oversee specialized analytical testing and generation of technical documents
- Maintain a strong awareness of current scientific literature, particularly in the area of protein characterization, and actively apply new concepts as appropriate.
- Design experiments to develop pre-clinical and clinical formulations of drug candidates to support drug discovery and development.
- Design experiments to determine the stability in prototype clinical formulations, to detect and identify the decomposition products, and to achieve formulations with acceptable shelf-life.
- Perform laboratory experiments related to the above.
- Create presentations for outside scientific meetings and conferences to showcase Wolfe Laboratories’ scientific leadership in the field of protein analysis and characterization.
- Interface with clients to develop an in-depth understanding of client objectives and define solutions to meet their program requirements
- Develop compelling approaches and solutions to address client needs
- Write persuasive proposals for the projects
- Regularly interact with clients to keep them abreast of project progress
- Write and review interim and final reports.
REQUIRED BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Chemistry, Biomolecular engineering, Organic Chemistry, Chemical engineering or closely related disciplines
- In depth experience in the area of protein biophysics involving structure-folding-stability relationships. This includes purification, stability, kinetics and thermodynamics of folding of monomeric proteins, particularly as they relate to the pre-formulation and formulation development of new drugs
- Hands-on experience with chromatographic method development as well as techniques used for biophysical characterization of biopharmaceutical products such as calorimetry, spectroscopy, higher order structure analysis, protein mass spectroscopy, CE, HPLC, ELISA, and carbohydrate analysis.
- Strong knowledge of Organic Chemistry principles
- A demonstrated drive to apply technical knowledge to developing drug formulations
- Established track record of significant contributions as an individual technical expert
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills as well as polished and persuasive client presentation skills
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE BACKGROUND:
- Good understanding of excipient and ligand interaction with proteins
- Evaluation of thermodynamic and kinetic models
- Experience in creating and delivering trainings
WHERE THIS JOB COULD LEAD:
At Wolfe Laboratories Inc., we pride ourselves on retaining and growing our team members, and ensuring they are developing to their full potential. This position can provide many different avenues for advancement, including:
- Training towards becoming a Project Manager
- Leader of an innovative business line
- Become a Lead Technical Researcher
- Managing a team of Postdoctoral employees
Interested candidates are requested to email a copy of their resume with a cover letter including salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wolfe Laboratories, Inc. (WLI), located in Woburn, MA, is a premier contract research organization that provides integrated early drug development solutions to the biopharmaceutical industry. Wolfe Laboratories is an essential element of the drug development ecosystem, recognized by global and virtual biopharmaceutical companies as a science-driven organization whose mission is to provide outstanding discovery and development services tailored to its clients’ needs for rational formulation development. Wolfe Laboratories integrates the critical path components of early development to ensure that programs advance while meeting rigorous scientific demands with flexibility to address dynamic challenges and aggressive timelines. Wolfe Laboratories’ vision is to improve human health, and we continue to strive towards that goal by embracing our core values of integrity, excellence and teamwork. The company has a high percentage of repeat clients, which is a testament to its long-term commitment of continual investment in its capabilities to meet biopharma’s growing demand for high quality, integrated early development services.
For more information visit us at: www.wolfelabs.com
Wolfe Laboratories, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.