Associate Director, Pharmaceutical Development
Want to be part of a company whose goal is to provide outstanding pharmaceutical discovery and development services by creating and using cutting edge science and developing new methods and molecules? Do you want to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry in a rapidly growing company on a trajectory to have a major impact in the life science research arena? We are seeking a talented and passionate scientist who is eager to be part of our success, and who embraces our core values: Integrity, Excellence, and Teamwork. This role requires a highly driven and proactive scientist with a passion for drug development, the curiosity and flexibility to work on diverse projects, and the tenacity to tackle complex questions by developing/applying new methods to solve previously intractable problems in drug development in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented and collaborative environment.
The Associate Director of Pharmaceutical Development will be responsible for the successful delivery of client projects on time, within budget, and according to the company’s quality standards and acceptance criteria, as well as creating project charters, managing internal and external resources and communicating/coordinating progress of projects. The ideal candidate must be comfortable working in a dynamic and fast changing environment, be willing and able to juggle different projects at the same time, and be a team player by nature.
- Work on complex problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of intangible factors. Exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria. Demonstrate success in technical proficiency, collaboration with others and independent thought.
- Lead client and internal project team members to successful completion of the project in regards of time, cost, and quality
- Develop detailed project plan(s), including scope, deliverables, resource planning, budget, duration/schedules, risk management, and reporting
- Conduct project kick-off, close-out, and regularly scheduled team meetings to keep all relevant stakeholders informed of the progress during the project life cycle
- Track/manage projects from initiation to successful completion. Identify and resolve project issues.
- Chair internal project team meetings, provide agendas, issue minutes with follow-up actions identified
- Act as single point of contact for the client and facilitate responses to customer questions and observations.
- Will be primary client communication focal point for project team
- Coordination with sales, operations, client services, and QA to ensure the highest level of client service.
- Communicate any changes in the development program with internal team members and ensure that the changes are fully documented
- Constrain the scope of work to that agreed upon in the proposal and appropriately implement change control and impact assessment
- Manage relationships and keep project stakeholders accurately and regularly informed of the project(s) status
- Maintain effectiveness of the Quality System
- Manage difficult customer situations, respond promptly to customer needs and solicit customer feedback to improve service
- Will be able to speak to all Wolfe Laboratories business services and will promote Wolfe Laboratories at client meetings and conferences
- Will work with sales to win new business
- Quality project management expertise: looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Contributes to smooth and efficient laboratory operations
- Other Duties as assigned
- PhD in Chemistry/Pharmacy/Engineering or relevant discipline.
- 10-15 years of laboratory experience in analytical chemistry, pre-formulation, and/or formulation development.
- Minimum of 2 years managing small to large-scale projects.
- Experience in the characterization of proteins and other biotherapeutics by mass spectroscopy and the use of LC-MS for bioanalysis highly desired.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification, or similar, would be ideal.
- Working knowledge of Pharmaceutical and Biotech industries
- Highly developed analytical chemistry knowledge, and hands-on laboratory experience.
- Demonstrates a practical and advanced understanding of related scientific disciplines in formulation development.
- Experience in execution of multiple and/or complex projects.
- Skilled in the use of project planning tools such as MS Project or similar tools.
- Proficiency in all aspects (identifying, analyzing, tracking and monitoring) of the Project Management Body of Knowledge.
- Theoretical background knowledge of chemistry and/or biochemistry
- Must have outstanding planning/organization/prioritization skills
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities, and have exceptional time-management skills
- Must be able to interact effectively with a variety of individuals and personalities within and between departments.
Excellent oral and written communication/interpersonal skills required, plus English fluency; the ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations demonstrating leadership, gaining commitment and buy-in for projects
Interested candidates are requested to email a copy of their resume/CV to Jill.Wilson@wolfelabs.com.
What We Offer:
Wolfe Labs’ employees are innovators with a winning attitude. We offer a fun, multi-cultural environment and value teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric focus. We provide generous health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation, the potential to participate in our employee stock option plan, and a wide range of work/life benefits. Candidates who are keen experimentalists, independent thinkers and enthusiastic team players that have a passion for drug development are encouraged to apply.
For more information visit us at: www.wolfelabs.com
Wolfe Laboratories, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.