Account Executive – Small Molecules
The Account Executive will be responsible for new business development and assigned revenue growth of Wolfe Laboratories a subsidiary of Pace Analytical Life Sciences Division within the defined geographic territory: MA or as assigned. The ideal candidate will reside in or near Boston, MA area or be willing to relocate. This individual would report into the Sr. Director of Sales in the Pace Analytical Life Sciences organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- New business development focusing on the small molecule market within their geographic territory. He/She will be assigned targeted sales goals and will be required to maintain a schedule of meeting with clients/prospects on a routine basis. (Travel required 50-70%).
- Collaborate with operational staff to support the development of relationships with customers. Work to generate leads through participation in local and national trade organizations, networking groups, and trade shows/industry meetings.
- Work with the Director of Sales, the Director of CMC and Small Molecule Services, Project Managers, and Quoting to manage the overall preparation and presentation of proposals to clients ranging from routine quotations to large program “Request for Proposals” (RFPs).
- Present clients with quarterly metrics reports on the lab’s performance including, but not limited to, quarterly sales, % on time metrics, and % OOS/LIR/Reissued Report metrics.
- Manage overall client satisfaction; participate in client issue resolution as appropriate.
- Minimum of a BS/BA degree in Chemistry, or related degree preferred.
- Minimum of one to three years of experience in direct selling activities to the scientific community a plus. Preferable experience direct selling for an FDA regulated industry laboratory.
- Familiarity with CMC development (e.g. tablets, capsules, injectables, analytical development) is preferred.
- Experience working in a technical capacity in a CFR 210/211 compliant laboratory setting preferred.
- Proven ability to effectively work in a collaborative environment to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Ability to work independently and travel as needed to develop assigned geographic locations and client base.
- Ability to effectively communicate and organize technical information in response to common and highly technical inquiries from customers.
- Experience presenting technical information to top management, public groups, and trade organizations.
- The drive and ability to sell CMC development services is a must for this position.
- The ability to maintain and develop personal portfolio of clients and their projects in highly organized systems.
- A results driven personality for personal achievement as well as for the organization they represent.
- Motivated by challenge and an opportunity to build a sales territory.
- Strong problem solving skills including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Outgoing personality that possesses effective communication and presentation capabilities.
- Strong listener capable of gathering, processing, and prioritizing information from multiple sources and perspectives.
- Orientation towards teamwork and a collaborative environment.
Wolfe Labs: http://www.wolfelabs.com/about-wolfe/company-overview.asp
Life Sciences: http://www.pacelabs.com/life-sciences.html
Wolfe Laboratories, LLC. is a leading translational drug development contract research organization (CRO), bridging discovery through early clinical studies in the pharmaceutical sciences. Clients have relied on the company since 1999 for ongoing functional support as well as for discrete projects that integrate Wolfe Laboratories’ drug development functions, which include analytical, preformulation, DMPK, formulation and process development, and GLP/GMP testing.
Pace Analytical Life Sciences (PLS) is an industry leading contract lab supplying analytical chemistry and microbiology services to the Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, and Life Sciences industry. Through a combination of innovation and exceptional client service, PLS has grown every year since inception; achieving a compound annual growth rate of 34% over the past eleven years. PLS is established as one of the top ten contract laboratories within the United States providing cGMP services to a wide range of clients. We attribute our rapid growth to our solid quality system combined with an exceptional culture of client service. PLS currently maintains laboratory operations in Oakdale, MN, San German, PR, and Somerset, NJ.